Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Rotten

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event that spotlights upcoming releases that we can't wait to get our hands on...hosted by:

Rotten
by Michael Northrop
Expected Publication Date: 04/01/2013
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.

From goodreads.com:Jimmer "JD" Dobbs is back in town after spending the summer "upstate." No one believes his story about visiting his aunt, and it's pretty clear that he has something to hide. It's also pretty clear that his mom made a new friend while he was away---a rescued Rottweiler that JD immediately renames Johnny Rotten (yes, after that guy in the Sex Pistols). Both tough but damaged, JD and Johnny slowly learn to trust each other, but their newfound bond is threatened by a treacherous friend and one snap of Johnny's powerful jaws. As the secrets JD has tried so hard to keep under wraps start to unravel, he suddenly has something much bigger to worry about: saving his dog.

3 comments:

  1. I love how the Rottweiler looks like he's smiling on this cover! I think I'd be too nerve-wracked to read Rotten though - what if they put the dog down for biting someone? I would just fall apart! Here's hoping for a happy ending!

    My WoW this week is Fragments by Dan Wells!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought a about that Kelly. I know if that happen to the dog I would cry my eyes out.

      Delete
  2. I definitely hope this one has a happy ending!

    My WoW.

    ReplyDelete